The Structural Engineer with Mueser Rutledge Consulting Engineers PLLC will perform structural analysis and design, including hand calculations, computer assisted analysis, preparation of drawings and field inspection of construction. Main worksite located at 14 Penn Plaza, 225 West 34th Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10122. MRCE is one of the nation’s oldest engineering firms practicing in the field of foundation engineering, Structural engineering, and the design of waterfront structures. Position reports to Principal Engineer.
- Analyze and design geotechnical structures, including embankments, slopes, foundations (piles, micro piles, caissons, etc.), earth-retention structures (tiebacks, soldier piles, sheet piles, slurry walls, etc.), and support systems for shallow and deep excavations.
- Analyze and design structural steel members as well as reinforced concrete elements.
- Analyze site specific subsurface conditions.
- Conduct structural design and analysis using programs such as RISA-2D, RISA-3D, SAP2000, Mathcad, etc.
- Prepare field reports, technical memoranda, calculation packages, feasibility reports, design and evaluation reports, specifications, and construction drawings utilizing AutoCAD.
- Work to troubleshoot unexpected conditions identified during construction.
MS Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, or a closely related field, or Foreign equivalency;
Must possess in depth knowledge in design/analysis of below ground and earth-retention geotechnical structural systems; identifying building code requirements including applying knowledge of industry standards and construction techniques; strong skills utilizing computer software including: AutoCAD, MathCAD, MATLAB, SAP2000; applying knowledge of fracture mechanics of concrete, steel and masonry structures; deep foundation analysis/design; measuring imposed seismic demands; and designing steel and concrete structures;
- Full Time, 40 Hrs / week
- Long Term Employment
- Benefits Offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Transit, Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account
- Send Resumes to MRCE, Attn: Michel Lukas, Human Resources
- 14 Penn Plaza 225 West 34th Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY, 10122 or email@example.com