Mueser Rutledge Consulting Engineers (MRCE), is looking to hire a talented CAD technician to generate surface and solid CAD models for our clients. You will be responsible for meeting with draftsmen, engineers or architects and transforming client blueprints and design plans into computer generated models using CAD software. You may be required to work as part of a team or individually on a project.
To ensure success as a CAD technician, you should have extensive working experience with CAD software, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work as part of a team. A top-class CAD technician is a technical wizard, creating exact computer models of building and machine designs according to the client’s specifications.
Prepare detailed drawings of architectural and structural features of buildings or drawings and topographical relief maps used in civil engineering projects, such as highways, bridges, and public works. Use knowledge of building materials, engineering practices, and mathematics to complete drawings.
- Meeting with engineers, draftsmen, and designers to review blueprints and design drawings.
- Input design specifications into the CAD software.
- Creating surface and solid CAD models according to client specifications.
- Produce drawings, using computer-assisted drafting systems (CAD) or drafting machines, or by hand, using compasses, dividers, protractors, triangles, and other drafting devices.
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects, such as highways, sewage disposal systems, and dikes, working from sketches or notes.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.
- Draw maps, diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations, and structures.
- Lay out and plan interior room arrangements for commercial buildings, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Finish and duplicate drawings and documentation packages according to required mediums and specifications for reproduction, using blueprinting, photography, or other duplicating methods.
- Draw rough and detailed scale plans for foundations, buildings, and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets, and other data.
- Correlate, interpret, and modify data obtained from topographical surveys, well logs, and geophysical prospecting reports.
- Supervise or conduct field surveys, inspections, or technical investigations to obtain data required to revise construction drawings.
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary.
- Determine quality, cost, strength, and quantity of required materials, and enter figures on materials lists.
- Locate and identify symbols on topographical surveys to denote geological and geophysical formations or oil field installations.
- Create freehand drawings and lettering to accompany drawings.
- Calculate excavation tonnage and prepare graphs and fill-hauling diagrams for use in earth-moving operations.
- Calculate weights, volumes, and stress factors and their implications for technical aspects of designs.
- Plot characteristics of boreholes for oil and gas wells from photographic subsurface survey recordings and other data, representing depth, degree, and direction of inclination.
- Prepare cost estimates, contracts, bidding documents, and technical reports for specific projects under an architect's or engineer's supervision.
- Represent architect or engineer on construction site, ensuring builder compliance with design specifications and advising on design corrections, under supervision.
- Minimum two-year technical degree, preferred bachelor’s degree in engineering or design
- Applied Science in Drafting & Design
- CAD Technician with basic training in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD software. Some experience in structural detailing, such as, concrete reinforcing, steel connections, and timber work a plus. Knowledge of support of excavation, underpinning, and wall bracing a plus.
- Knowledge and efficient use of AutoCAD software required. Ability to use AutoCAD for drawing file publishing, sheet sets, page setups, Xrefs, text attributes, and layout viewports required.
- Knowledge of Metric and English systems required. Knowledge of 3D environment required. Autodesk certification a plus. Knowledge of Bentley MicroStation a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required by individuals accepting employment for this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. MRCE has authority to change or assign other duties to the Instrumentation Engineer role.
MRCE is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.