Sitotaw Y. Fantaye, PE
Sitotaw Fantaye, a structural engineer, joined MRCE in 2005 with 11 years of design experience. He was promoted to Associate Partner in 2015 and Partner in 2019. Sitotaw has experience in structural design of excavation support and braced cofferdams, deep foundations, underpinning, utility suspension systems, and temporary structures such as work trestles and street decking.
Sitotaw is recognized for producing efficient structural designs and clear contract documents for geo-structures on sites with unique constraints and challenging subsurface conditions. Sitotaw has experience with the top-down method for excavation, where permanent floor plates are used for excavation support, to reduce construction cost or overcome site constraints.
Sitotaw enjoys creating value for clients, providing original innovative designs and value engineered solutions. He is actively involved in all stages of a project - technical design, development of contract drawings, technical specifications, and construction procedures. Sitotaw stays involved through construction process to provide client support at this important project phase.
- Addis Ababa University, Awassa College of Agriculture, Diploma, 1982
- City University of New York, BSC, 1994
Professional engineering licenses
- New York
- New Jersey
- Author or co-author of deep foundation engineering papers and articles
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Structural Engineers Association of New York (SEAoNY)
- Deep Foundations Institute (DFI), Slurry Wall Committee
- 520 Park Avenue (45 East 60th Street), New York, NY
- NYCT Second Avenue Subway 96th Street Station, New York, NY
- PANYNJ I-287 Goethals Bridge Replacement over the Arthur Kill, connecting Elizabeth, NJ to Staten Island, NY
- Four Seasons Hotel and Legg Mason Office Towers’ 5-level basement perimeter wall and excavation support, East Harbor, Baltimore, MD