Roderic A. Ellman, Jr., PE
Rick Ellman, a structural engineer, joined MRCE in 1980. He was promoted to Partner in 2006.
Rick is specialized in structural design of waterfront structures, bridge foundations, and shallow and deep foundations. He has extensive experience in the design of foundations for transportation structures, slurry walls, underpinning, tiebacks and rock anchors, and braced excavations. Rick’s waterfront design experience includes braced cofferdams, cellular cofferdams, relieving platforms, anchored bulkheads, piers and wharves, and mooring dolphins.
Rick has led several waterfront esplanade development projects which involved close coordination with landscape architects producing schematic designs, final designs, contract drawings, and obtaining Regulatory Agency Permits for development. Rick has provided expert witness services on a variety of foundation structure and waterfront construction cases.
- State University of New York at Oneonta, BA Geology, 1979
- Polytechnic Institute of New York, BSCE, 1980
- Polytechnic Institute of New York, MSCE, 1985
Professional engineering licenses
- New York
- New Jersey
- West Virginia
- District of Columbia
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Member
- ASCE Structural Engineering Institute, Charter Member
- New York Building Congress, Transportation & Infrastructure Committee member
- The Moles, Member
- Deep Foundations Institute (DFI), Member - Marine Foundations Committee, Chair (2013- present)
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME), Member
- Woodrow Wilson Bridge, Washington DC
- 11th Street Bridges, Washington DC
- DC Marriott Marquis, Washington DC
- Cannelton Hydroelectric Plant, Hawesville, KY
- Hoboken Ferry Terminal Complex Restoration, Hoboken, NJ