Peter W. Deming, PE
Peter Deming, a geotechnical engineer, joined MRCE in 1979. He managed the MRCE soil mechanics laboratory for eight years. Peter was promoted to Partner in 1998.
Peter’s project experience includes design of earthwork, deep excavations and the excavation process, hydraulic barriers for groundwater control, foundations, and waterfront structures. He gets involved with planning and coordination of subsurface investigations, geotechnical and structural analysis, finite element modeling, design reports, cost estimates, contract documents, construction inspection, and performance monitoring.
Peter utilizes his varied experiences to benefit client projects. He provides client contact for efficient and economic allocation of engineering resources. He has provided remedial designs and expert services for projects with complex geotechnical conditions.
Many of his projects are located outside of the NY metropolitan area.
- University of Texas at Austin, BSCE, 1976
- University of Texas at Austin, MSCE, 1982
Professional engineering licenses
- New York
- New Jersey
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- Washington DC
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Member; Met Section Geotechnical Group Chair 1984
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) NY Chapter Member
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM); 1995-2001 Chairman of D18.20 “Hydraulic Barriers for Soil and Rock”; Special Service Award, June 2002
- The Moles, Member
- New York City Building Codes Committee, Structural Committee Member (2011-2014)
- Structural Engineers of New York (SEAoNY)
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI)
- Baltimore Works Remediation, Honeywell, Baltimore, MD
- SA-7 Excavation Remedy, Honeywell, Jersey City, NJ
- Foundations at Harbor Point, including Thames Wharf, Exelon Tower, Central Plaza/Garage, Baltimore, MD
- Casino Pier Repair (Hurricane Sandy), Seaside Heights, NJ
- PGBT MSE Wall Stabilization, Carrolton (Dallas), TX
- Excavation, Barrier, and Dewatering Design, for new Units 3 and 4, South Texas Project, Bay City, TX